Writing and implementation of business operations
Events management/co ordination
Marketing and promotions
Web designs, Photography, content writting, & social media.
Curator & arts collector
Over 30 years experience in Hospitality, Arts and community.
For the past fifteen years LUCID has been managing artists to showcase in contemporary public spaces. LUCID believes all artists should have the chance to be seen and offers an alternative to the gallery system. Promotion of artists also includes creating media interest and sourcing commission jobs.
LUCID also offers professional marketing and assistance to businesses who want to develop an art related theme.
• QUT Kelvin Grove, Post Graduate, Creative Industries and Arts Management and Production 2010-2013
• Diploma Business Management
• Advanced Diploma Community Services
• South Brisbane TAFE, Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
• South Brisbane TAFE, Certificate II Workplace Assessor
• All Hallows School, Senior Certificate
Important Skills and Personal Attributes
• Over thirty years work experience, working in diverse and dynamic industries including the arts, hospitality, training, and event management.
• Over fifteen years working in the creative arts arena including publishing, Artist and Gallery Management.
• Excellent management skills including the ownership/management of over three successful businesses in the arts and hospitality arena.
• Strong networking abilities and established contacts in the Brisbane/Queensland arts community.
• Ability to multitask and manage a variety of projects at any given time.
• Strong creative mind with the ability to take ideas and concepts and develop these into successful outcomes.
• A passion for enhancing Brisbane’s strong “creative community”; nurturing artists, building relationships with creative industry bodies and supporters and finding innovative initiatives to profile our unique creative voice.
• Outgoing, team-orientated and hard-working.
LUCID ART PROJECTS - Creative Mangement
Launched Lucid in 2010 as a follow on from my work and in conjunction with studies in creative industries. Establishing business in a regional area allowed me to develop new networks and further utilise my skills and knowledge in project planning and marketing strategies and grow my business into a creative industires of manmgent and productions . Developing operational strategies, training and implementing.
- Collaborating with local business and community to develop projects, events to high light community;
- Develop and Maintain a Websites, including Tourism Maleny.
- Coordinate artistic and community projects with Maleny and Hinterland organisations.
- Project Management of community events: Domestic Violence Week, William Landsborough day, in conjunction with the Glasshouse Country festival. My work included organising sponsors, volunteers and sourcing local charities and guest speakers, and event marketing;
- Flexi School art workshops with artist and students to present an art exhibition and show by the Flexi School Children.
- Manage all aspects of businesses and projects documentation and volunteers of operations;
Flexi School art workshops and projects
Judge for Portrait for the Heart of the art gallery at the Big Pineapple.
Identified a niche and launched a, interactive community gallery in Maleny
Licensee, marketing and publicity and committee member for the Maleny Music Weekend;
West End Community Hall Project Co-ordinatior
• Day to day running, policies and procedures, government audits, marketing plans, business plans, event co-ordination, marketing, updating government files monthly and annual reports, staff management and volunteers. launched art gallery space for community, working with community. formed networks with in community.
Launched gallery space for community worked closely with Micha, West end community house and community art groups.
Events - orchestrated seniors week, networked with politicians, Anna Bligh and Helen Abrahams.
- Mentoring - Mentorships, working and training indigenous youth and business projects
Wrote business plans and marketing plan, and passed government audits for community policies and procedures.
• The holding company ‘Lapart’.
• The Art Gallery was ‘Wallspace’ at Newstead, hosting monthly events with 12-14 visual artists, performing entertainers and other members of the creative arts industry. 3 yrs operation.
• 8 alternative exhibition spaces with monthly art rotation.
• Updated web site, monthly newsletter, and a 3000 customer database.
• 500 artist database.
• Artistic events held at the Wallspace Gallery such as Freshfusions.
About Lapart, Wallspace and Freshfusions
Lapart began in March of 2000 with a commitment to developing and supporting local emerging artists through cost effective marketing initiatives. For over seven years, Lapart has maintained its strong, growing network of inner-city hospitality locations who have exhibited over 300 artists whom I am proud to represent at low leasing fees.
In August, 2005, the Wallspace Warehouse Gallery was opened with the aim of creating a fun, interactive artist space exhibiting up to 14 artists at a time. Since its inception, the Gallery has run sixteen highly successful events, already earning a reputation for high octane exhibitions with a fresh and fun approach.
• Management of over 300 artists on file.
• Marketing Management including niche advertising, monthly newsletters, website and database development.
• Project Management of key Freshfusions events including organising artists and themes, sourcing local charities and guest speakers, event marketing and hospitality management.
• Maintaining strong relationships with over 30 inner-city hospitality venues as an alternative to the gallery system.
• Staff Management including catering and marketing casual staff.
• Representation of over 300 of Queensland’s most dynamic emerging artists.
• Identifying a niche and launching a new, interactive Gallery space in the competitive Brisbane art gallery market.
• Established over 30 alternative exhibiting spaces around Brisbane.
• Two highly successful Freshfusions exhibitions with over 600 guests attending.
• Earning a reputation for a commitment to building awareness of Brisbane’s unique and dynamic creative industries and movements.
Fox Gallery and studios Marketing and Sales Promotions Manager
Business Operatins of the gallery including management of sales and the coordination of exhibitions (30 exhibitions). External marketing events also conducted with the Fox Galleries included the event marketing of “Artfixation”, a six-month event working with the Starlight Foundation, Port Office Hotel and the Queen St Mall to raise money and awareness of the arts culture in Brisbane.
Caffeine Magazine Owner / Director
Caffeine was a unique publication, focusing on the dynamic, ever changing hospitality scene in Brisbane. With a funky, full gloss presentation, the bi-monthly magazine reached over 20,000 of Brisbane’s inner city folk. My key responsibilities included the management of all Sales/Marketing (including the selling of advertising space) and Public Relations. I also enjoyed the role of key food and art critic. Successfully promoted, the magazine achieved $28,000 in sales in its first publication and reached over $40,000 by its fifth publication.
Other Career Roles Include:
Job development officer
• Cerebral Palsy League, job search and development, writing of training manuals for job search 2002
Hospitality Development and Trainer /Consultant
• Deluxe Distributors July 1998 – March 1999
• National Culinary Academy February 1998 – March 1999
• Hospitality Training Association June 1994 – December 1995
• Cairns Business College, Trainer long-term unemployed students 1994
• Sheraton Hotel & Towers Brisbane, Management & Trainer 1988 – 1994
Events & Fundraising Work
• Big day out 4yrs, Livid Music fest 8yrs, Homebake, vibes on a hot Summers Night Music Festivals
• Kuranda fire brigade markets
• Fashion parade , Mary Thorpe formal & bridal, charity event
• Fashion parade, Universal, Bravo Fortitude Valley, Caffeine Marketing
• Weddings, 21st etc